cmcfa • apcmc
Tentative Settlement Reached between CMCFA and TBS
17 July 2019 • CMCFA Bargaining Committee
The CMCFA and the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat have reached a tentative agreement for the UT group, following a collective bargaining session which took place from June 3 to July 12, 2019.
Highlights of the Tentative Agreement are:
- Adjustments to rates of pay:
- Effective July 1, 2018 – increase to rates of pay: 2.00%
- Effective July 1, 2019 – increase to rates of pay: 2.00%
- Effective July 1, 2020 – increase to rates of pay: 1.50%
- Effective July 1, 2021 – increase to rates of pay: 1.50%
- Adjustments to Wages:
- Effective July 1, 2018 – 0.80% wage adjustment to rates of pay for all UT levels
- Effective July 1, 2019 – 0.20% wage adjustment to rates of pay for all UT levels
- Sabbatical leave travel allowance
- A Domestic Violence Leave article
- Improvements to Maternity and Parental Leave
- A Caregiving Leave article
- A Letter of Understanding from the Principal that
- renews all Memoranda of Agreements that were not modified during the current round of collective bargaining
- commits to forming a joint committee to examine teaching-load distribution and addressing inequities
The Bargaining Committee is making arrangements for briefings on the tentative agreement and a ratification vote to take place in the next few weeks. An announcement will be made on the location and time for the ratification meeting. The briefings and votes will be held at RMC, CMRSJ and CFC, and arrangements will be made for absentee voting.
CMCFA members will undoubtedly have many questions, and they are invited to attend the ratification voting sessions for more information. Members can also reach out to the members of the CMCFA Bargaining Committee, namely Dr. Jean-Marc Noël (Chief Negotiator firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Sylvain Leblanc (RMC email@example.com), Dr. Helen Luu (RMC firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Barbara Falk (Legal Officer, CFC email@example.com), and Dr. Charles-Philippe Courtois (CMR firstname.lastname@example.org).